My project is using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 for development. For some strange reason the build configuration dropdown does not show up by default in the IDE.
I found the following procedure online and very helpful. It describes how to get this useful dropdown visible:
- In Visual Studio 2008, click “Tools” -> “Options”
- Under “Projects and Solutions” -> “General”, check “Show advanced build options”, and click “OK”
- Right click anywhere in the blank space of the toolbar and click “Customize…”
- In “Commands” tab, select “Build” in “Categories”.
- Scroll the right listbox to the bottom and drag “Solution Configurations” to the toolbar
I really can’t take credit for creating this procedure since I found it somewhere else on the web, but I had a lot of trouble re-finding the original posting in my browser history when the dropdown suddenly disappeared from my IDE today. The original posting is located found here.